18/06/2013

Architects in Court!

 

news_18.jpg

Stood on the steps of the Court House in Barnet, North London a spokesman on behalf of Wighton Architects read out a short statement confirming that they were ‘delighted to be involved in the conversion of the now redundant Court House and that the proposals look to create nine residential apartments and two ground floor commercial units accessed off the high street. The Court House, built in 1916, is locally listed and it is the intention to retain the majority of the original court house with later additions to the rear removed and replaced with more sympathetic extensions.’

Through a detailed analysis and appraisal of the plans and the existing fabric the apartments have been re-organised in a more sympathetic manner looking to reduce capital expenditure for the client with a view to also increasing the final end values through the retention of the historic fabric and detailing.

The architect was then led away from the court house to a waiting Saab before being whisked away to the nearest Starbucks giving no further comment. Completion is set for the end of 2014.